The Auburn Bocce Club was founded in 2004 and is the largest bocce club in the Pacific Northwest. The organization has 75 members strong as of April 2015. In 2008, the organization became an affiliate of the United States Bocce Federation.
The Auburn Bocce Club is an officially registered 501(c)7 non-profit organization, incorporated in the great state of Washington.
The specific objectives and purposes of the Auburn Bocce Club are:
1. Promote the sport of bocce and foster its growth, maintain a facility for instruction in bocce, and to encourage everyone, particularly our youth, senior and disadvantaged population to participate in recreational and competitive play in the game of bocce;
2. Develop and promote the qualities of physical fitness, competitive spirit, team play, loyalty, and good sportsmanship in those who participate in bocce programs;
3. Provide opportunities for adults to coach the fundamentals and fine points of bocce, while working with youth in a sports setting;
4. Develop and advance the athletics of the sport of bocce as an enrichment of the sports life in the Seattle area and the Pacific Northwest;
5. Promote athletic, community and cultural enhancement by creating opportunities for bocce instruction, tournaments and championships at the local, regional, state, national, and international levels;
6. Develop and establish Auburn and the surrounding greater Seattle area as a center of competence for bocce in the United States, allowing people to excel to their highest abilities;
7. To engage in other activities related to promotion, organization, development, and improvement of bocce.
8. To engage with charitable organizations in local community events.